Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Obama: "We Shall Fight on the Beaches!"

Churchill famously declared his resolve to, "fight on the beaches" following the retreat of Allied forces from the battle of Dunkirk in 1940.

We see Team Obama putting up the same determination in winning one of it's key battles, the fight to prevent the disclosure of the place and time of birth of the president.

Reporter: "Hey President Bush, would you mind telling us the place and date of your birth?"

W: "Sure, bud, I was born in New Haven, Connecticut in 1946. Thanks for asking."

Reporter: "Hey President Clinton, would you mind telling us the place and date of your birth?"

Bubba: "I was born in bed." (laughing, then getting serious and biting his lip) "Actually, I was born into poverty at the Julia Chester Hospital in Hope, August 1946. Say, you're kinda cute, honey, want to get a burger with me, and I can tell you all about it?"

Reporter: "Hey President Obama, would you mind telling us the place and date of your birth?"

Obama: "We will fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. I will use the full power of the presidency and spend any amount on legal fees to prevent the disclosure of that information!"

I mean, come on, my son had to present an original birth certificate to play Little League baseball! No president has ever fought the disclosure of such a trivial piece of information before. Why would he? It's irrelevant, right? I mean, since Obama was born in the United States. Right? He was, right?

Right?

No comments: